The next few weeks (and months?) will be busy too.
I can't describe much of my work projects here and anyway, most wouldn't understand also. So anyway, my current personal projects include:
- Starting a terrarium - I've been quite interested in them since last time. I wanted to try making one myself some years ago but didn't quite get down to it. My interest was piqued again when I saw some terrariums in Amsterdam. So over the last two weeks, I've started doing some simple research on them. :) I've bought two little pots of cacti and a nice simple rectangular glass vase. Looking for some moss and pebbles before I can start designing my terrarium! Hope I can get them next weekend!
- Finding ways to use my baby gouda cheese - When I was in Amsterdam just 2 weeks ago, I visited a cheese-making factory-cum-retail store. There was a whole array of cheeses available for tasting and I quite liked one of them. It was a 400gm round piece of cheese wraped in red plastic. :) nice taste, not too strong, not too overwhelming for the taste buds. And it was made with young cow's milk, hence the name "Baby Gouda". K is asking me to make cheesy scramble eggs for him. I'm thinking more along the lines of foccacia bread with cheese melts, a sunny-side up egg and maybe some sundried tomato thrown in for an extra zing to the tastebuds. Oh well, maybe we can find some time next weekend to try out some recipes too.
- Finding the motivation to run - Or rather, finding the motivation to start jogging again. I signed up for the Shape Run on 25 July. I've not run for almost a month. And with less than 3 weeks lft, I think I'm screwed. Either I start my jogging regime again, or I skip the event altogether, which will be a little disappointing actually. Hmmmm......
- Putting my room together - The renovations ended in mid June. And my room has been bare from then till now. My new furniture will be coming in tomorrow though. And I've instructed my mother how to place the furniture. And then the tedious process of transferring my things from the current room where I'm living in (my brother's room actually) back to my room will start. I've still not gotten a computer and work table. Okok, one thing at a time.....I think this will take awhile to settle.......The nice thing is, I didn't bust my budget of $5k. Actual expenditure currently stands at $2.5K. A proper new roller chair and a computer/work table shouldn't bring it more than $3.2K. Yay!
- Thinking - There are things I need to think about. Enough said on this.
There are still some other things to do...but one thing at a time I guess.
Otherwise too many things at the same time will mean a very distracted me.
No comments:
Post a Comment