Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/11

I watched a little of a documentary last night.

It was a special feature on phone voicemail recordings which families received from their relatives who were trapped in the twin towers on September 11, 2001.

Eac year for the past nine years, a documentary related to the event is shown on television. Each year I happen to catch several minutes of a documentary programme on the incident. And each time round, the interviews with families and rescue workers alike never fail to make me tear.

I remember the time when it happened. It was late at night and I was in my hostel room. Block 15 of NTU hall 1. Room 226 to be exact.

My TV was on the floor and it was on. I was packing up my room and listening to Channel News Asia. I was soon crouched in front of the TV with my eyes glued to the screen, watching the live footage of the events happening at the site.

I was one of the rare few who had a TV in their room. Before long, neighbours from along my corridoor and even some from downstairs were camped in my room watching the news. The rambunctious atmosphere when you pool a group of young folks together was not there that night for sure.

I digressed.

Anyway.

I guess something so horrific and painful would be remembered for many more years to come, especially by the families of the victims.

My silent regards and best wishes to them. From this corner of the world.

1 comment:

chloe said...

me too, the voice recordings gets to me every time.

esp those that ask the surviving half to stay strong...to tell them how much they love them.

:(