It does suck a little when your boss claims your credit in front of the even bigger bosses. However small that credit may be.
It does not pay to be always the nice person.
Grapevines and gossip get you nowhere. But it does not harm to build up some small relationships here and there through such chatter. You never know when you need a helping hand.
Work-life balance is important. Enough said.
When in doubt, ask. When you're still in doubt, you either ask somemore and risk being labelled a bimbo, or shut up and pray to god to help you figure things out.
I've taken both paths. Figuring things out on your own does bring more satisfaction. But I've also come to realise that sometimes, two heads are definitely better than one.
A clear head and mind brings out the best results. I've been careless and distracted in recent times. And I mentally slap myself each time I discover a silly mistake I make.
People management is just as important as time and project management. From managing your boss to your peers to your support personnel to external parties to internal customers to colleagues from other divisions.
Procrastination. The taboo word in work. But I seem to be embracing it with all my heart. Especially for work items I dislike. This should not be happening though. I should be saying that I will change this trait. But I'd be lying to myself. So, in the spirit of honesty and truthfulness, I declare that I will try changing and improving but any positive result is unlikely to happen.
Till here.
No comments:
Post a Comment