Sunday, December 01, 2013

The Great-Grandmother

I'm someone who gets nostalgic and sentimental easily. I reminisce often as well, which was why I was happy when Dad dug out old albums for us to look through yesterday when Adrian and I were there for dinner with our own families.

Those pictures were taken 30 years ago. Yellowed but still visible. And it was mainly about our family excursions out to the zoo, the park or the beach or the shopping mall.

And Granny was in those pictures as well.

I miss those days when she was tubby and chubby with a wobbly belly. When she had her full glorious head of hair. When she kept it in waves and swept her fringe back with black bobby pins. When she went everywhere in her sarong kebaya and sandals and kerosang. When her eyes were still huge and sparkly. When she could still carry me in her arms and make me feel so loved.

Although physically she is now a shadow of her former self, I believe she still has spunk, spirit and gusto somewhere deep down in her.

She "fought" with the nurses in hospital the other day. So I'm sure she still has lots of spirit in her.

Keep fighting Granny!

No comments: