Wednesday, September 17, 2014

LinkedIn

For the longest time, I resisted the idea of having a LinkedIn account.

I couldn't see the value of it and also I didn't want to have another online profile to manage. Just one Facebook account and a Blogger account is enough for me thank you. I don't have a Twitter account. I don't have an Instagram account. I don't have a Dayre account, nor a Tumblr account. So I really don't know how those things work. For a brief while I started a GooglePlus account and toyed with it for a few weeks before eventually abandoning that account as well.

These days though, I am opening up to the idea of having a LinkedIn account. Maybe it is because there is a sudden influx of connection requests coming from people within my industry.

And I have seen the effects of how these virtual "connections" on LinkedIn might help in one's career and also how search firms actually trawl through LinkedIn to identify potential candidates to fill their clients' job vacancies.

I shall explore it soon. Once I get some time on my hands and an opportunity to do so.
Hmm.....

No comments: