Had dinner with some of the Duckies today. EH, G & SS.
A 40yr-old, a 43 yr-old, a 49yr-old and a 62yr-old. lol...Odd combi lol...
Conversations tend to be dominated by one or 2 folks. Fine by me...but when it's like this 90% of the time, it does get a little tiring. And when 90% of the time, things are revolving around the same topic/issue, it does get a little tiring too. Wasn't a gathering supposed to be an update session of sorts from all parties?
Still, I was happy to see all of them. It's been 2 years since I last saw G & SS! How time flies. I remember how I gained the courage and inspiration to get myself checked out by a psychiatrist after I heard SS' story of how he went for counselling to overcome some of his difficulties and to learn how to manage his (very trying) relationship with his mother.
I am still thankful to this day that I had dinner with G & SS on Boxing Day in 2018.
Main topics centred around health issues today. I noticed it's been this way with a lot of catch-ups in recent years with various folks. Health, kids, work. 老了,大家都老了...
Food was good as usual at Cedele. Fish Coriander Pesto Pasta is my go-to main dish at Cedele. Always. Except that today, at this outlet at Wheelock, it had a whole lot of edamame thrown into it. At least 2-3 tablespoonfuls. I have quite some disdain for those beans and had to pick them out. Luckily they were concentrated at one portion of the pasta and the beans were big enough to be picked out easily haha.
The pasta & grilled seabass were still excellent. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment