I was brushing my teeth after lunch. An auntie came into the washroom, did whatever she had to do and then came to wash her hands next to my basin.
She started talking to me.
Gosh. Do I look like I’m in a position to hold a proper conversation? When my mouth is filled with foam and toothpaste?
She: Oh you do this everyday ah?
Me: *smiles a foamy toothpaste outlined smile and nods*
She: Wah really ah? You’re very well-kept hor! So hardworking!
Me: *think for a split second* (well-kept? Is this the right phrase to be used to describe what I am doing? I’ve heard of well-kept secrets and well-kept mistresses who are well-kept secrets but hmm…..)
Me: *another foamy smile*
She: You use something special issit? Some kind of creamy thing?
Me: ?????????
Me: *picks up the tube of COLGATE toothpaste on my basin and shows it to her*
She: Oh okok. Only Colgate ah? I thought you’re using some special cream or what….
Me: *gives a foamy grimace*
She: Ok lah, I’ll go back to office first.
Me: *continues brushing*
No comments:
Post a Comment