As corny as it sounds, it is a tabulation of all the weddings I've helped out at. After being activated to help out at yet another wedding next month, I finally decided that perhaps I should list all of them down.
For posterity. Haha.
Some insights I gleaned from my list:
- My helper services officially started back in 2001 with my brother's wedding. I have excluded those weddings which had me as a flower girl when I was a young girl. I think there were two of those.
- Including the weddings happening next year for which I have been booked for my *ahem* excellent services haha, I would have helped out in a grand total of 11 weddings.
- Out of these 11 weddings, I would have manned the reception counter 9 times, which makes it an overwhelming more than 80% of the time. I've been duly advised that I am either pleasant looking enough, or I know enough people to do a good job, or I have done it so many times I am an obvious choice.
I have been pre-booked for 2 weddings happening next year and expect another "booking" to come in.
I have had a shirt tailored for me when I was a "brother" but surprisingly, no dresses sponsored for me haha.
I have helped at wet rainy weddings, hot sunny weddings and cloudy day weddings.
My services have been rendered at various locations all over Singapore like Bishan, Serangoon, Tampines, Jurong West, Ang Mo Kio, St Michael's, Hougang, Sengkang, Rochester, .......
And I have been a "sister", a "brother", a receptionist, an emcee, a main coordinator, a tea-lady, an umbrella holder, a wedding gown train holder, a guardian of ang pows, an usher.....you name it.
Voila, the life of a wedding helper.
No comments:
Post a Comment