- Antoinette - a lawyer-cum-business consultant from the Virgin Islands. Looked harsh and fierce but she turned out to be a really nice lady who gave me a huge bear hug at one of the social events.
- Tobias - a Norwegian guy who reminded me a little of Tom Cruise, though taller haha.
- Marcus - a German who grew up in South Africa and has been based in Zurich for the last 12 years. He speaks German, Dutch (learned from his aunt), Afrikaans, English and can understand French. Together with Tobias above, we had interesting conversations about food in Singapore, housing in our respective countries, climates, working environments, etc....
- Dejan - a legal affairs manager from Serbia, who was nice enough to strike up a conversation and when he found me standing alone at a function. I was trying to "siam" and stone in one corner actually hahha.
- Intan - the boss of one of the Malaysian organisations. Small-sized but spunky. Very energetic and has a great sense of humour, maybe that's why she still looks so young, despite being a mother of four!
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Meeting people
One thing I like about this job is that it gives me the opportunity to meet new people. I've had the chance to meet people of different nationalities. Some are just one-off meetings, while some have developed into friendships. At the recent event, I met some of the following new people who left an impression on me. I wonder how many will end up just being one-off meetings....my guess is probably 80% haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment