Monday, August 08, 2011

the greens

I decided to "pull the plug" on one of my terrariums the Saturday just past.

That terrarium was the second one I made about a year ago and was the same terrarium which was almost killed by my mum at the end of last year when I went on a month-long holiday. I had fittonias in there, both green ones and red ones. I guess they were never the same again after that incident.

They were just barely surviving and were in a "going, going, gone" state for the last 3 to 4 months. So I decided to dismantle the whole thing. Maybe I'll make another one again soon.

In the meantime, I still have 3 other terrariums. The original one I made way back in July 2010, another I made at a workshop just 2 months ago and a small little one in a jar I made in September or October last year. But I'll dismantle the jam jar soon too. That one's not doing well and it's rather small so it's difficult to maintain it haha.

The small ficus bonsai I bought a month ago is shedding alot of leaves but is still surviving. I hope I don't kill it....Still trying to figure out the amount of light and water it needs.....

Ok, back to work!

No comments: