Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cute Taxi Uncle

I had an interesting taxi ride this morning getting from SGH back to my office.

Upon learning that I had just gotten married, the taxi uncle gave me a mini tutorial on how to get pregnant and how to raise kids. So according to wise Uncle....


  • The best time to conceive is to between 5pm - 7pm in the evening because that's when the guy's sperm is the most active and potent and when the female's ovaries/eggs are the most "cooperative".

  • The way to get smart kids is to start rubbing your tummy every night, after you know you're expecting. Start talking to the foetus and reciting the alphabet to it as well as counting from 1 to 100. From 5 to 6 months onwards, start reading bedtime stories to it. From 7 months onwards, decide for your baby if you want him or her to be a doctore next time or lawyer or whatever profession....then start readng it chapters of text related to those professions......

  • There are 3 important points to note when bringing up your child and especially when they start schooling: Encourage, Motivate and Incentivise. Incentivisation is best int he form of cash but not directly to the child for spending but credited into a bank account for the child as savings for his/her future.

As a parting shot, Uncle told me to work hard and try hard!! For a child that is....
And that one day if we meet again, and I was pregnant or had kids already, I should give him an angpow for his good advice.


I didn't tell him that I needed to concentrate on getting my traditional wedding ceremony over with first. Lol....

No comments: