Sunday, November 27, 2011

reception helper fatigue?

I saw one of my best friends get married yesterday...It was a lovely affair. And of course I was really happy for her and I was also involved a little here and there from the start of her planning process. Needless to say, I was present throughout the whole process yesterday from 5am right till almost midnight.

I was assigned a role at the reception. While sitting there, I thought about my 10 or 11 times of helping out at weddings and the close-to-10 times I've been asked to sit at the reception. And then the realisation hit me.

I think I may have "reception helper" fatigue already. I don't mind helping out in the planning process or the morning activities or other roles. Don't get me wrong. I'd gladly help out friends dear to me. But I think I'd groan a little if I have to sit at another reception table already haha.

I'm whining but I guess I just don't want to.....
  • miss out on seeing another video montage or...
  • stay late at the reception to wait for irresponsible late-comers lol or .....
  • miss out on pre-dinner chit chat with friends or ...
  • miss out on the first dish entry....
Hehe.

No comments: