The close of the Rabbit Year and the start of the Dragon Year has not been very good for me health-wise.
From delayed menstrual cycles and panic attacks, to fainting spells, tooth decays and tooth extractions. From a long bout of cough, bad skin and a cranky digestive system to now having eye issues.
At Ally's place yesterday and sometime during Kyler's birthday party, I experienced a strange phenomenon with my right eye. I saw some flashes of light and thereafter, my vision was blurred by a big piece of squiggly floater across my central vision.
I thought it would disappear after a night's sleep but it didn't.
Googled about the symptoms this morning. And freaked out when I read about the possible situations this would occur. Had a panic attack but by now I could recognise the symptoms and managed to control it a little through deep breathing.
Went to CGH immediately and had my eyes checked.
I have "posterior vitreous detachment" in my right eye.
I googled about it to find out more. This usually happens in older folks in their 50s and 60s. It happened to me because I am highly myopic. The vitreous is a gel lining in the eye and over time, it may slowly "peel away" from the retina, much like how a gelatin dessert peels away from the sides of a bowl after awhile. In some cases, it may lead to something worse. But I am trying not to scare myself.
All I can do is to wait and monitor the floater in my eye.
And nothing can be done about the floater. I'll just have to live with it. Live with a floating squiggly worm-like thing in the midst of my vision. So when I speak to you and if you feel that my eyes aren't exactly focusing on you. My apologies. I can't focus well at this point in time with that thing in my eye. Maybe as time goes by I will learn how to do it better.
I'm worried. And at the same time trying not to think about it.
I might lay off contact lenses for awhile, not that they are the cause of the condition, but perhaps to let my eyes rest a little more. I do dread going to work in glasses though. The last time I ever did that was 5 years ago. I think I'll look ugly.
Had a crying fit earlier on. Why do things all happen at the same time? Two big projects, my wedding, my 2-week long business trip to India happening in 2 weeks time.....and this has to happen?
No comments:
Post a Comment