Thursday, November 29, 2012

Don't get it

And so I heard from ET today that the Chinese spit alot because they believe phelgm and saliva are toxins which need to be purged from the body. (True for the first but not for the latter I think. Saliva helps break down some of your food and also acts as a mild form of antibacterial protection for the mouth and tongue)

He didn't have an answer when I asked why couldn't they spit into a tissue or something, He said it probably easier to hack and then spit out whatever it was in your throat. Rather than hack, take out a tissue and then spit.

And anyway, isn't it odd that when you spit these "toxins" out in the public, you're spreading more germs and bacteria around to others? And in the meantime, you're breathing in the bacteria left behind by other people as well?

No comments: