My boss was not around yesterday and I had shared my intention with his PA yesterday morning that I wanted to take half-day afternoon leave. She shared with me that on other occasions when my boss was not around, my other colleagues would sometimes just disappear without even logging in their leave in the system and advised me to do the same. She said I would be silly if I were to “waste” half a day’s leave and log it in the system when other people didn’t even do so.
I felt uncomfortable doing a disappearing act. And eventually, I still logged in my leave officially through the system.
What would you have done?
Maybe I am straight-laced. Maybe I am silly. Maybe I am stubborn.
But I don’t feel that it is right to disappear from office just like that. Others might have done on severla occassions in the past but that doesn’t mean that I should follow the same, especially when I think it is not right.
No comments:
Post a Comment