Any public servant not at an admin level would understand the pain involved in doing minuting.
It's alright if you're assigned to do minuting for matters you are familiar with. But when you're arrowed to undertake minuting responsibilities for things completely out of your scope and depth, it's almost sheer torture.
The acronyms involved, the various parties and divisions involved, the way everyone speaks so quickly or mumble their way through, the scramble to jot down things you don't understand nor have an inkling about, the rush to deliver the notes of meeting within the next 2 days......Plus, because you are not familiar with the subjects discussed, you cannot catch the subtle nuances of the bosses who are reporting the issues on hand.
I was frustrated this morning during the 1.5hr meeting. I only understood 15% of it. The rest of the time I was feeling confused, lost and tired. And it didn't help that LB was having a ball of a time kicking and squirming around quite alot. She must have been excited at hearing new voices lol.
Anyway, enough of ranting. Back to my drafting of minutes.......boooo.
No comments:
Post a Comment