Several months ago, a new boss came by to lead the team. The old boss was retained on contract as an advisor, subject to further notice or till when he is ready to retire or when the higher-ups don't need him anymore.
Yesterday, I received the annual letter given out to staff. The one which informs staff of the amount of corporate bonus, performance bonus, annual salary increment and/or market salary adjustment.
I had already expected a lower than usual performance bonus from previous years.
I just did not expect the performance bonus component to be even lower than what I was expecting.
Am I disappointed?
Yes. It was the lowest in all my 8.5 years of serving the company. In fact, it was almost half of what I usually get.
Why? Several reasons I can think of.
New boss. With a different standard of rating.
I was away on maternity leave for 5 months plus. (Though it is to be noted that during my previous leave of absence in 2013 for the birth of Nadya, my performance wasn't so drastically affected. In fact, I don't think I was penalised at all.)
I was also penalised for a delayed project which incidentally, got delayed not entirely because of me but also due to other external factors.
So?
FML lor.
When I need the money, circumstances happen such that it doesn't come in as much as past years.
Will this affect the way I work now?
The right response would be: No of course not, I am still a dedicated individual putting in my worth for the company. Truth be told, I am not so sure. But I think my dedication to the company just dropped by half. Could be just a reactionary emotion on my part, I don't know.
Anyway.
Lao niang is not happy with this year's performance bonus.
Anyway.
Lao niang can't do much about it.
Anyway.
Pfffffftttttttttttttttt.
No comments:
Post a Comment