Monday, January 09, 2017

Gong Yoo

It was through the movie The Crucible that I came to know about the Korean actor Gong Yoo. The move was released internationally as "Silenced". I'd read about it and decided to watch it online one weekend back in 2012. It stirred my emotions up so much that I researched on the movie, its background and its main actor Gong Yoo.

I started liking him since then. He was the one who championed for the production of the movie and in the midst of doing so, brought much attention from the entire country (of Korea) to the plight of the disabled children who were abused. The social uproar the movie caused eventually even brought about positive changes to the country's laws on handling abuse cases. Now that's something.

He isn't just a pretty face. At least he got out there and did something to bring attention to a social issue, even if indirectly.

I don't really chase K dramas. But during that period of time when I first came to know of Gong Yoo, I ended up watching the show "Coffee Prince". It was actually released in 2007 and I only knew about it and watched it 5 years later in 2012.

While he hasn't exactly been very active in the drama scene....he has got here a silent supporter. :)

And so now he has a new show "Goblin"...this silent supporter is doing what she has never done before...she's actually chasing the show now haha....

No comments: