Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Past Few Days

Friday evening
Had an allergic reaction to some Indian food I ate. The dinner was part of the group's offsite activities. I felt a strange yet familiar itch starting from my insides as it radiated out to my scalp, my eye lids, lips, and arms...my eyelids are usually the first to get affected...

This time round though, part of my lower lip swelled up and also felt numb with a slight throbbing sensation. I started freaking out because that has never happened before. Wanted to leave immediately but I couldn't get a cab. It was Friday evening, and I was along Race Course Road....cabs were impossible. I couldn't even get through any hotline. Grab and Uber were useless as well.

I called K eventually and he came to rescue me....Took lots of water and an antihistamine pill and the hives and swelling went down by midnight....*phew*

Till now I have no idea what caused it. Could be a prawn I ate, could have been some of the spices that were used in the Indian food.

Saturday
Woke with diarrhoea. Xian max. Went to the doc immediately. Went to the toilet maybe 6-7 times throughout the day even with medication. I was still holding out pretty ok though. I could still look after the girls......

Sunday
The morning was pretty alright. Things changed after I had a late lunch at 1:30pm. By 2:30pm,  whatever I had for lunch ended up in the toilet bowl...It's been a long time since I last vomitted (I didn't even vomit once while expecting both girls) and the feeling of retching was quite bleah.

I was flat out and just lay in bed for 3 hours after that, half dozing, half awake.

Monday
Ok in the morning and afternoon, queasier in the night.

Tuesday
Back to work. Fingers crossed that my tummy will settle down soon.
It has been a queasy morning so far....


Last few weeks/days of the Monkey Year...jiayou jiayou...
Tides should be changing soon??

No comments: