Monday, January 08, 2018

Chilli

I grew up in a Peranakan household. And of course, chilli and other spicy stuff were a part and parcel of life. I can't recall when I learnt how to take spicy food but I do remember eating prata and curry when I was in P1 or P2.

Even when my granny could no longer cook and my mum took over, there was usually at least 1 spicy dish each day or every other day. Otherwise my Dad would get upset and complain that the food was bland haha.

Ever since I moved out of home in 2012, I've been eating mostly at my inlaws place where food is usually lighter and not spicy. Curries or vege lemak were occasional treats. :)

Recently, I'd developed a craving for sambal and chillies to add to my rice. My MIL gave me a bottle of green and red chilli sambal that they had made. A recipe that they accidentally stumbled upon when they ran out of red chillies and made do with green chillies. The sambal turned out great....and yeah, I made my liking for it known and voila....I was thus given a bottle of it haha.

I think greedy me took too much of it yesterday....I'm poo-ing more today....and erm...my intestines feel spicy....:(

No comments: