Was on PM leave yesterday to attend Alyssa's PTC in school.
Went home and finally managed to trim the Indian borage.
Took a nap thereafter....and when I was still in the last hazy dazy moments of my sleep and about to get up from my nap...I heard a sudden gush of water from my washroom...
*pop* *BISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
???!!! simisai???!!!
I quickly got up to check. And...omg...the cupboard below my sink was SPEWING WATER.
Water was starting to pool on the floor below the cupboard too. Quickly called for K to come...and we discovered that a pipe below the sink had burst.
Everything in the cupboard (mainly extra toiletries and some craft stuff) was wet. We were stunned haha.
Plumber's supposed to come in this afternoon to see what needs to be done.
I hope nothing too major...I hope it'll just be a simple replacement of the pipe (which seemed to have rusted and corroded).
Just mighty glad that we were around when it happened and we could clean up the mess quickly. At least the water wasn't left to seep into the cupboard woodwork. If the wood had become waterlogged, I think we would have a bigger headache.
Quite glad too that I had previously lined the cupboard base with 2 layers of plastic....that helped keep some water off the wood too.
Oh ya, and I'm very glad that it's just clean water that was spewing out...and not sewage or dirty water....lol...
Last year at this time...our room curtain got fried by the dry-cleaners and we had to spend a couple of hundred getting a replacement set....This year it's the sink pipe...aiyoh....
No comments:
Post a Comment