Finally spent 30-40mins yesterday trimming my jungle of an Indian Borage.
I'd left it to grow freely for almost a year I think...and boy did it grow.
I fertilised it about 2 months back and coupled with recent rainy days (read: natural happy minerals for the plant), the plant thrived and grew. Quite abit. It was getting a little unruly and so...*snip snip*
Trimmed off at least 7-8 branches which were getting too long, tall and scraggly. I shaved off so many big and healthy leaves from the cuttings too...at least 1/2 an NTUC plastic bag. The whole balcony and living room smelt like the herb. My fingers too. Felt a little wasteful for throwing all the leaves away but I don't dare to use them to make tea (which is supposedly very good to heal coughs) or to cook. (Apaprently it's also known as Mexican Mint and can be used as a substitute for Oregano...my colleague uses it in pasta sometimes)
The plant was actually really healthy and robust. Well actually the pot contained 4 separate plants propagated from 4 separate cuttings last year.
After all the trimming, I stuck 5 cuttings into a new pot (yes I'm starting a new pot of Indian Borage) and gave another 2 really nice and healthy cuttings to a colleague.
There are still 1-2 more branches that might need to be trimmed off but I'll hold off for awhile first.
And so....the unruly jungle is now a neater smaller forest...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment