The adenium (aka desert rose) that my FIL gave me spent a good 3 months with me....
It was initially doing ok till the December heavy rains. It might have gotten too soaked on my balcony.
And from then on, its leave started turning yellow and even dropped 2 leaves. :(
The adenium doesn't have many leaves, it only has several large leaves sprouting from its main trunk. Dropping 2 of the leaves will affect its overall health I think.
It wouldn't do the young plant any good if it were to stay with me and so around a week or 2 back, I passed it back to my FIL....Hopefully he can nurse it back to health....
===============
The stevia that Ally gave me for Xmas and which arrived at my place on 13 Dec, seems to be doing ok. It thinned out a little though and its bottom leaves are turning a little brown. But new shoots are sprouting and it has started flowering too. Just noticed last night that it has very tiny pale green and white flowers...:)
It's a heavy heavy drinker too. I didn't realise how much water it needed till it became limp when I forgot to water it for 2 days. I literally had to drown the whole pot in water thereafter and the plant "stood" up again.
From then on, I water it heavily everyday, rain or shine.
===============
The moss rose that Ally gave me is doing good too. I love that it is constantly flowering. Everyday there will be at least 1 or 2 flowers. Sometimes the entire pot is covered in blooms too. Bright pink blooms.
===============
Was on leave on Monday and somehow had the mood to do up a new pot...A new pseudo bonsai pot.
Split a small bunch out from my existing asparagus fern and repotted this small bunch into a small bonsai pot I chanced upon in Giant back in Dec.
It is a small rectangular dark green glazed ceramic pot, with 4 slightly raised feet.
I accidentally chopped off some big roots from this small clump...It's hardy plant though, hope it can still survive.
It's currently residing in my toilet haha. With partial sun and not alot of draft.
Hope it does well enough to go out to my balcony in the coming weeks and months.
No comments:
Post a Comment