Dealing with 2 staff that needs alot of hand-holding zaps energy and patience out of my workday sometimes.
Glad that I have a manager in between them and myself to weed out more nonsense stuff. But somestimes things like HR and interpersonal matters, and more complex operational issues still come to me.
Reminder to myself to take deep breaths and not let these 2 staff affect me and my thoughts too much.
Age, EQ and level of competence are some things I cannot control and I just have to learn how to accept things, and with various pinches of salt as well.
I have various spurts of optimism and try to guide and teach and hope they improve. I don't know if I'm setting myself up for disappointment because the higher the hope and expectation, the more disappointment and frustration there will be. Sometimes I still try, and then I find banging against the wall, and I get pek chek, and....the cycle repeats.
Maybe one day I will really give up. I don't know...Just cos someone's 50+ yrs old doesn't mean they can't learn and better themselves right?
No comments:
Post a Comment