Monday, July 10, 2023

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

Self-actualisation – desire to become the most that one can be, morality, creativity,

Esteem – respect, self-esteem, status, recognition, strength, freedom

Love & belonging – friendship, intimacy, family, sense of connection

Safety – personal security, employment, resources, health, property

Physiological – air, water, food, shelter, sleep, clothing, reproduction

I'm on Facebook alot less the last few years. Maybe it's to keep my mental well-being a bit better. On the occasions I’m in, I sometimes end up wondering why folks seem to be well-established in their lower tiers and moving on to their higher tiers.

I feel I’m stagnant in the low/mid-tiers and still focusing on some of my needs in those tiers. 

Yup, I know that it’s not an absolute movement from one tier up to the next and things tend to be more fluid where people move up, down and in-between tiers. And yup, I know I should just focus on myself and my own pace as each person has his or her own path.

Reminders to self.

Just keep working on things, keep working on yourself, keep going. 

Kaizen - little improvements, bit by bit...


No comments: