"Acceptance, not resignation, is a beautiful thing to have....Insecurities still comes once in a while, the same with self-consciousness, emptiness, confusion and doubts about your destiny and future. It bothers, it disturbs, but it never eats me up."
Got this from a friend's blog...(hope you don't mind ya gal)...But the first sentence just hit me with a wham...kinda like a "half-full, half-empty" paradox type of statement...threw me off my feet...just felt it was powerful...and well...as to insecurities and doubts and confusion...hmm...seems like they are still prevalent within me...rearing their ugly heads from time to time...laying dormant at other times...it bothers, it disturbs, it irritates and sad to say, it does chew me up sometimes...and well..this period of time is one of those times I think…
Try as I might, I still have not gotten to the state of mind where I am entirely comfortable with who I am and what I am...in certain ways, somehow, I am still a gawky awkward teenager trying to fit in...and grow up..and i still have difficulty expressing my feelings in person...frustrating but darn darn true... Going by Maslow’s hierarchy of needs..think I’ll need lotsa work to hit Tier 4 : self-esteem…and whoa, needless to say…Tier 5 : self-actualisation..
=====================
walking the streets of raffles place and boat quay on a not-so-crowded weekday night is quite interesting in its own right...no hustle n bustle..no rushing executives and high-strung peeps zipping about..no pushy sales people approaching you... kinda surprised me that I actually enjoyed just taking a slow walk along the streets..and along the office buildings…just him and me and the night ahead…:) relaxing and chillin’…
========================
“Doubts about someone close to you might have no real evidence, but nevertheless, you just can't shake a certain feeling you have. That's fine -- just don't jump to any conclusions without evidence.”
My horoscope for today..hmm…spot on…
=========================
Gonna clear some work before I hit the sack…tmr’s gonna be a tiring day…have to stand whole day…and act knowledgeable haha…dinner at billy bomber’s tmr..change of plans..shit man, hope dun put on weight…been eating…
No comments:
Post a Comment