I’ve been conducting several interviews yesterday and today to look for someone to replace my current admin staff who’s leaving to further her studies.
Looking at the young fresh-faced girls and speaking to them, I thought of how much I was like them all those years ago. 22, 23 years of age. Some only 19 or 20. Fresh out of school, hesitant, raw, eager to please and just ready to accept any job coming their way, whether perm or temp. Some of them are good, and speak well and confidently enough. Some are still very much in their shells. Others were nice girls but lacked any punch.
For those whom we have not short-listed, I truly wish them the best of luck on their forays into the working world….where monsters lurk in hidden nooks and serpents hiss in other crannies…;p
And I hope these younglings will cross paths with worthy mentors who will guide and teach them well on their way forward.
In time to come, they will be like me. Looking at interviewees and thinking about the time when they were once too young eager beavers.
No comments:
Post a Comment