Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day 1 - Kimchi overdose

Landed in Seoul around 6:55am this morning. Meaning it was about SG 5:55am.

Just some quick observations about Korea....
  • There are many couples who like to wear couple-outfits i.e. top matches, bottom matches, and sometimes even footwear matches as well
  • Kimchi is so prevalent in each and every meal that I thank God I can take spicy stuff. In a strange way, kimchi has somehow not made my stomach feel worse. Yay!
  • Their Insadong area is very much like Taipei's Shilin Night Market, just 3 times bigger and 5 times less dirty. I love this area and couldn't stop myself from grabbing knick-knacks...:)
  • I like the way the country is so "digitised" and so forward in its approach towards IT. Loads of digital billboards everywhere. Alot of things seem to be quite IT-oriented...They've got the world's highest broadband penetration rate.
  • Most people here can't speak English for nuts and those who can speak a smattering of the language can only count in it and speak words like "5 thousand dollars".
  • They dress in a less quirky manner than the Japs.
  • Most Korean girls look the same.
  • Korean guys ain't that good-looking, well, at least the average guy on the street.
  • I absolutely dig the grilled meats here and the BBQ meats.

Till here, I need to buy facial products for myself and my brother tomorrow....Face Shop, Skin Food, Etude House and Missha shops aplenty...:)

Plus the supermarket downstairs seems very interesting. Will make an efort to pop by there too...

No comments: