Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Hatchday! (well, soon.)

Interestingly, I was telling K that day...that this is the last year that I will be in my 20s.
Yeps, I'll be hitting my 29th birthday soon.

Looking at the numeral brings me some thoughts. I wonder what the future will bring for me. I wonder if I will go maniacal when I hit 30 next year. And I wonder if I need to start being more health conscious.

Mainly, I reminisce. I do have some small regrets here and there. Like how I could have done better at certain things, how I could have achieved much more than now, how I set airy goals for myself only to fall because I did not make good on my own words or I did not know how to go about making things happen, how i could have blah blah blah...you get the drift.

I think about how when I was younger I'd look at the corporate executives walking around office buildings and I'd tell myself that "Wow. I want to be like them. Working, earning and generally enjoying life." How naive and innocent haha.

I'm the one walking around office buildings now and wondering how I wish I could be young again and carefree and just enjoying life haha. The ironies of life. :)

I've never celebrated my birthday with a mad party or a drunken escapade or a dance-through-the-night marathon. And I've never really understood why some choose that way of celebration. Ah well, to each his own, I shall respect their preferences haha.

Simplicity for me is best I guess. Everyday life is sometimes hectic enough as it is I don't want to complicate things with sore feet, a hangover and alcohol-induced memory loss. Simple meals in the company of loved ones and friends and of course K.

Looking forward to Friday night with K, Sat with K and the Frenchies, Sunday with sec sch peeps and next Monday with my cousin. Meals, meals, meals. I hear calories ringing their way into my blood stream but what the heck. haha.

I'm 29 in a few days. I'm looking forward to things to come.
I've yet to reach my peak and voila, there's electricity in the air. :)

No comments: