Friday, April 11, 2014

Granny

Gran seems to have stabilised a little. But the sodium and urea levels in her blood stream are still high. Dermatologist said there likely were parasites on her skin, which explains her constant scratching. Her BP is better than yesterday but still on the low side. Oxygen levels are back to normal but that is because she is hooked up to a constant supply of oxygen. 

She's still drowsy 95% of the time. Just found out from Dad who said the doctor said that it was because of the anti-depressant medication that she is taking.

Doc is looking to stop some of the medication she takes on a daily basis. Apparently, she's so old that the medication won't work on her anymore. 

Dad and Aunt M have also given the hospital the instruction that if anything were to happen to Gran, no CPR need be administered to her. Just let her be. Her bones are too brittle now and her chest and ribs will definitely crack if CPR were administered. And if she survived any CPR, she would suffer even more thereafter because of her cracked bones, which won't be able to heal much because of her advanced age. 

Stay strong Granny. I love you. I have not told you this before and but I will tell you now. 

I'm sorry too that I was a brat when I was a young girl and you were taking care of me. 

Stay strong ok....I'll bring Nadya to see you when you get better.,,,

No comments: