I spent some time alone in a Starbucks cafe yesterday afternoon. I was clearing some work and blogging a little.
I was caught by surprise at the number of young kids there. There were those from secondary school and JC, evidenced by the uniforms they were in. And there were even 2 or 3 from prmary school, sitting in a corner on their own.
So rich?
When I was in primary school, even McDonald's was considered a luxury. And I had no money to hang out with friends. We only probably hung out at a shopping centre or at a Popular bookstore just walking around aimlessly and didn't have money to sit in an actual cafe and order cakes and drinks.
Till now I still find it expensive to spend $5 each day buying a cup of something from Starbucks though I know many others do it.
Times have changed. Really.
I can't imagine how it will be when Nadya grows up.
No comments:
Post a Comment