Thursday, March 05, 2015

ninja? not....

All parents find that at some point in time, they have actually morphed into pseudo ninjas.
  • After the baby sleeps, you tiptoe past the cot and make a dash out of the baby's room.
  • After the baby shifts its attention away from you for that split second, you grab your drink and gulp it all down to quench your parched throat and then put down the cup out of reach of the baby. Yes, within that few seconds. 
  • After the baby gets distracted and you quickly keep its pacifier.
  • When the baby is about to trip over something and you zip in front of it to clear the offending obstructing article from the ground.
I put Little Baby to bed each night. It used to be a more elaborate ritual where she would bounce all round in the cot before finally agreeing to lay her head down on her pillow or hug her bolsters.
These days, it is just several minutes of me either humming a particular lullaby or patting her back or stroking her hair or just being there in the room with her. Sometimes if I stop prematurely and think she's fallen asleep already, she would then remind me that she still wants me there. How? By turning around to face me with her eyes wide open haha.

Once she's fallen asleep, I'd then do an about turn and tiptoe out the room.

Just that.....

I don't make a very good ninja.

I have creaky knees.

And ankles.

And feet.

And I have no idea why.

So I end up taking a step and then pausing. Taking a second step and then pausing. Taking a third step *CREAK* and then pausing with bated breath to see if she stirred.

So instead of spending 4 seconds tiptoeing out the room, I'd end up spending much longer.

Ninja? Not really....*fail* haha...

No comments: