The thought has always been at the back of my mind. To either take a 1, 2, or even 3-year break from work; or work on a part-time basis.
Alyssa is sick again and the thought has thus resurfaced again. I have half a mind to take her out of infant care, if it would help her gain some semblance of a healthy, happy childhood. I do not wish for her memories to be filled with images of being fed medicine all the time or of coughing and having a leaky nose all the time.
6 months on, after returning to work from my maternity leave, I still don't seem to be handling this working mother shit thing very well.
My brother texted me this morning and surprised me. He asked me to consider taking a few years break from work till the girls are older and more stable. He can attest to this I suppose. My sister-in-law stopped working to fully concentrate on my nephew, from when he was 6 months old. He is 13 this year.
Questions. Thoughts. Worries.
No comments:
Post a Comment