Monday, December 05, 2016

It's that time of the year again

The smell is in the air...
The smell of Christmas. And family. And friends. And happiness. And joy.
That crisp air. That brings with it some tingle of excitement and anticipation.

While I've been bogged down by things at home...and by the endless amount of buying that comes at this time of the year.

I'm glad for all the Christmas songs I am hearing...they do bring a certain happiness to me...

Seeing Nadya get excited that Christmas is coming is also lovely...She's older now and more aware of such things.

We set up the tree over the weekend and she was happy and rather excited about it. We have 3 little maroon coloured birds as decorations for the tree and she has been patting one of them on a daily basis. :) "Mama! I patted the bird!" She would say haha...I had purposely placed that one within her reach.

This morning I noticed she had gold glitter on her face. "Did you touch the decorations on the tree?" I asked her this morning. "No...oo...ooo...." came the unconvincing reply...."So how is it that you have gold glitter on your face?" I only had a cheeky grin as a reply...haha.

Alyssa is too young to understand the significance of Christmas but she's loving the tree and the lights and the baubles on it haha. She gets a kick out of touching the baubles too...and squealed with delight when I let her touch the prickly tree branches for the first time on Saturday.

I hope Christmas retains its magical wonder for the girls right up till they are mothers themselves...:)




No comments: