Wednesday, February 01, 2017

CNY

It's been a hectic 2 weeks. With a mad rush for CNY preparations. Not that I had to prepare alot of things though. But still the minimum of needing to clear up some junk for the house, getting some nice things for the in-laws, getting the angpows ready, making sure there are oranges at home, etc.

And so CNY day 1 & day 2 came and went already.....So fast!
I think Alyssa enjoyed herself somewhat. She got to go visiting and explored new places. She had the chance to see some dogs too.

Nadya had a fall on day 1 and sustained some cuts and bruises that got me quite flustered and upset. She had a deep cut inside her lower lip and had a big patch of scratches on her chin area below her lower lip. She cried badly and my heart got kinda scrunched up for the entire day after that...:(

It's CNY day 4 already and I'm glad to see that youth is really on her side and her wounds are healing faster that I expected.

Food. I was a glutton. Ate many snacks non-stop....and erm...sustained a cough and sore throat by the time day 1 evening came lol.

It was a so-so CNY. Nothing out of the ordinary...nothing very exciting.

I've yet to count the angpows the girls received. Maybe I;ll only do that at the end of CNY.
I've yet to count those me and K received too...:) Yes, even though we are adults...we still receive some angpows from some relatives and our parents. The Cantonese still do give out angpows to married couples....so long as you are younger than them I think....

No comments: