It's been a busy time at work.
Registrar matters are giving me a headache. From enforcement issues of some naughty and non-compliant registrars, to 3 new applications coming in that require lengthy evaluations, to the renewal of contracts of 4 existing registrars that are easier to handle but still cumbersome.
Policy and legal matters for another team's project is quite a challenge as well. Another senior manager was supposed to do this piece of work but apparently couldn't produce results. The work somehow ended up on my lap. (Can I get a portion of his pay then?)
Lending support to some junior staff, of which one of them is new. Strictly speaking, they are not reporting to me and are not my staff. But they are scared of their reporting officer and have also given up on her due to her "not-very-helpful" attitude. So they come to me for advice or help in the course of their work instead. I try to guide whenever I can...especially when their own reporting officer is leaving them to drown.
We are also in the midst of an office move/renovation. Hordes of boxes everywhere in the office. Boxes for paper due to be shredded. Boxes for packing of stuff. Boxes for disposal. It's been a dusty past week and will be for the next couple of weeks till the 100-odd people on this level have packed their things. My nose is acting up a little due to the dust and irritants. And I'm not done packing. Due date's in another 3 weeks.
Ok jiayou....
No comments:
Post a Comment