Thursday, June 28, 2018

Terrarium!

I devoted at least an hour each night over the last 3 nights to start a terrarium.

After I put both girls to sleep, I'd then scurry back to my room, huddle over the table in my balcony and work on it.

Things have been slow-moving. Mainly because I wasn't in a rush and I was taking my time. But also because I'd not done one in a long time and I felt a little rusty. And also because I was working in a new space with new materials and tools. And also because it was my first time using moss.

(Sidetrack: I really love Qoo10. Simisai also can buy from there. I got my live Holland moss from a very good seller on Qoo10. The same seller I'd been buying all my terrarium and some other craft materials from. For future reference, vendor on Qoo10 is "Zantelle".)

Day 1 - Built the bottom drainage layers of pebbles, spagnum moss and acitvated charcoal. Also put in the soil layer.
Day 2 - Transplanted the red and white fittonias. 4 shoots in all. 3 small red ones and 1 bigger white one. Trimmed their roots before transplanting.
Day 3 - Added in the moss. Topped up the soil. Tried to level the soil on all sides. Cleaned up the mess inside. Picked all dirt and soil off the moss pieces.

I doused it with quite alot of water last night because I was cleaning the dust and dirt up. Am letting it air out today before I bring it to office. Am going to display it at my new office cubicle.

My new corner in the newly renovated office. I've got more privacy now that they are giving us partitions between cubicles. Woot!

How the terrarium looks like now. May add some rabbit figurines soon...




No comments: