Thursday, April 11, 2019

11 April

Hello Mama,

How are you? I miss you.

Hope life's been good up there. Are you still playing mahjong with Ipoh, Tuanku, Kimpoh and your other relatives? Are you eating, sleeping and drinking well? I don't know actually, do you guys get to eat, drink and sleep? :)

The girls are doing good. They are growing well, Nadya is getting more articulate and is learning things well. Alyssa is getting more expressive but she's also throwing alot more tantrums these days. Her body constitution is still not so stable and she falls sick easily. Please watch over the two of them ya...

The rest of us are doing alright. Adrian went through major changes last year but has since stabilised. There will still be more changes in his life this year too but they're all for the better I hope. Mum and Dad are doing good. They still have their health issues here and there but by and large, they've been pretty good and stable, and still going on their cruises and Genting trips. K is doing alright and has started running regularly again. He's been watching his food intake and is working hard at his venture. As for me, I've been having some health issues here and there over the last few months but I'm still doing ok for the most part. I will persevere and work hard to be well. Lastly, both Ah Gor and Ah Dioh are getting baptised at Bedok Methodist Church this Saturday at 3pm.

Please watch over  all of us too ya...

In the meantime, take care...and I'll "speak" to you again next time...


Love you...
Michelle

===============
Swung by Holy Family Church yesterday afternoon to say some prayers and to "speak" to my Granny for awhile. K was with me as well. My parents and Adrian had gone there earlier in the afternoon and left about 5mins before I arrived. Missed them by that mere 5mins haha.

It's strange. Whenever I step into this particular church, I feel emotional and I always end up crying when I sit in the pews to pray. I'd try my best to control myself but to no avail, the tears just come. Just a matter of many tears or some tears. I don't get this way when I am at Novena Church.

I wonder what's there at Holy Family Church that gets to me.....maybe it's the giant stained glass feature adorning the main hall's front wall. It's beautiful by the way. Very beautiful.

So anyway, it's been 5 years since Granny left us. Time flies. I remember Nadya was only 6 months and 2 days old when she passed. And I remember feeling thankful that at least Granny had gotten to meet Nadya when she was about a month old.

I miss my Gran's hands. They were pretty large for a woman, slighty calloused at certain areas but very warm. I miss that warmth. Whenever I felt cold, which was pretty often, especially when the family was out at a shopping centre, she'd hold my hands and rub them to keep them warm.

When I sing or hum songs for the girls at night before they sleep, I'd get reminded of her too, and the times when we lay together on the leather sofa at our old Bedok flat at night before bed and she sang me songs and nursery rhymes like Old McDonald and Baa Baa Black Sheep. That was one of the earliest memories of my life. I think I was probably 3 or 4.

Typing this and tearing up at work. Not so good. ;p
I should stop.

No comments: