Built my first ever pot of bonsai on my birthday! I'd prepared the soil mix a week or two earlier and on 17 Oct, I transplanted my smaller ficus ginseng plant into a green ceramic pot and filled it with the bonsai soil mix I created.
Glad to update that many new leaves and shoots are sprouting up and the plant seems to be doing pretty well. :)
Hope it grows better in time to come!
===============
The seeds I planted on 4 Oct never germinated though the packet indicated a period of 2-3 weeks before they would germinate.
Xian half. Now I'm considering germinating my pomegranate seeds or my pear seeds. Hope these work out well!!!
===============
I'm intending to transplant my bigger ficus ginseng plant into a new pot with a semi-bonsai soil mix that I prepared last night.
My soil mix for this one:
5 parts - potting soil
5 parts - organic compost
2/3 parts - perlite
2/3 parts - volcanic soil
<1 -="" p="" part="" sand="">
Made this mix around 60-70% organic because the plant isn't doing too well and seems to be quite botak. Hoping the mix will help to spur some new growth. and encourage more aerial roots to pop out.
Now what's left is for me to transplant.....see if I can find the chance to do it. 1>
No comments:
Post a Comment