**RAWR!!**
Laoniang declared war on the spider mites a week plus ago.
I first discovered them on the butterfly pea plant a couple of weeks back. So I hardened my heart and uprooted the whole plant and threw it away. It was a waste because it was the first plant that I'd successfully germinated from seeds! I have no idea where the mites came from. After I discarded the plant, I thought that was the end of the story.
Apparently not.
Nabeh.
They infested my water jasmine bonsai. *Heartpain*
My poor bonsai. It's not been doing well for almost this entire year...first, the infestation of mealy bugs....then now these spider mites.
I've been removing their webs every couple of days, and spraying neem oil on the plant twice a week for the last week plus or so.
And I've also been trying to catch these creatures. Very challenging considering they are brown i.e. same colour as the branches. They are also smaller than ants but move as fast as ants. Laoniang's eyesight isn't exactly great also. BUT I still try my best to "fight" them ok.
This morning I fought a valiant battle. For some reason, the stars aligned today and I could see many of them running away when I destroyed new webs that they had spun over the last 2-3 days. I think I squashed at least 10 or more of them today. I feel......accomplished lol.
I hope I get rid of them by the end of the year....and I hope my water jasmine starts flowering again.
It has flower buds, but...somehow the buds are not blooming. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment