I've had mum guilt before...I mean, most mums will experience it at least once, if not ever so often.
Friday was tough for me. A challenging day that started with a call with my boss, then a board meeting, then a call with the Ministry, and then...it was just a frenzy after that with the day packed with Whatsapp calls, Whatsapp messages, back and forth emails, Microsoft Team calls, Skype messages, etc. Work continued on and off till night.
I was supposed to be on childcare leave in the afternoon as Nadya's school was closed that day. I had initially imagined some quiet time with her after bringing her for a Mac lunch and running errands at Popular. What happened was.....
I was so occupied that K, Nadya and myself left the house for lunch only at 1230/1240pm. And even then I had to make a call when I was putting on my shoes at the door and yet another call when I was in the car on the way to Mac.
After we got home, I had to cancel my leave cos well...work. I couldn't spend time with Nadya. She was hovering around me asking for attention and floating around the house cos K was doing his work as well. All I could do was to tell her to find some things to do on her own. She ended up tearing at one point. I felt gutted. Torn between my kid and a work issue that was pressing and involved the top guy in a Ministry and another top 2 big guns at another agency.
I could only hug her for 5-10mins and apologise profusely...She did up a poem and a card for me later on that had the following stuff written on it...word for word...including spelling errors...
You are a star
Shining in the wold
You shine in the darck, light and in my hart.
You are the best perent in the wold!
I love you
A shining star
Would you like a hug?
There's still another pending issue involving all the same big bosses. Trying to settle this one first before the second one...I hope my evenings and weekends are not burnt anymore.....
No comments:
Post a Comment