Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Conversations with a 6yr-old and an 8yr-old

24 September 2021. Alyssa's 6th birthday. 
Both girls had an argument in the evening over something (I can't recall by now). 

Nadya came into my room with furrowed brows and asked me: "Mama, Alyssa told me that you said to her you wished you didn't give birth to me. Is this true?"

I was alarmed. Those were harsh hurting words. I said no such thing. And where on earth did the small one hear of such stuff? 

Had to allay Nadya's fears and reassure her first. I then went into their bedroom and spoke to Alyssa but couldn't find out much from her on where she'd picked up those words from. Chided her gently for falsely telling Nadya that I said those things as well. 

And had to reassure both girls that Mama loves them alot and would never say such things to them. 

I hope they're reassured. 

No comments: