Tuesday, January 13, 2026

Jiayou

It's only Tuesday. I feel like a week has gone by already. 

1 staff down. hospitalised, then discharged with 1 week HL. Now her kid is hospitalised too and told me she can't be online anytime soon. 

Both schools still spamming us with things to do to get the kids ready for the rest of the school year. MIMS account set up, SLS stuff, CCA stuff, each subject teacher has their own preferences for certain things to be done and they communicate to parents in different styles as well...

Both girls wanting that special talk time before bed...not openly asking but you can sort of tell they enjoy or appreciate it...

Various texts from parent class/school groups...

Various texts from friends and/or colleagues...

Various texts from family...

Boss on AL and need to cover...staff on HL and need to cover...

One more staff seems to be sick but trying to hang on. Another staff on AL in London. 

Aunt hospitalised. Mum giving updates. I try to be there in a supportive role and call my mum with the intention of having quick updates only to get inundated with long stories. I try to cut her story-telling and guide her with short, sharp to the point questions and it helps a little. Else the 30-mins conversation I had tonight would have been 1hr. 

Need to research on nursing homes now and pass my mum some info. 

Lower back is better today but ached slightly on the bus when I had to shift position a little. Still doing my physio every day since 7 Jan. 

BREATHE....

BREATHE......

BREATHE.......

No comments: