Work
- There were some high intense periods like GE, higher profile cases involving establishments and folks that I cannot name here, meetups/issues with international organisations, end-user complaints)
- There were frustrating issues from self-entitled customers to incompetent colleagues and staff who test your patience ever so often
- Still, very thankful for a bunch of other colleagues & teammates who are competent, kind & very helpful, smart and work well with me
- Also thankful for a patient boss
Family
- N's PSLE took centrestage, while her P6 was less intense than her P5, the revisions & enrichment lessons were still challenging enough. K put in alot of effort to coach her. N got Star Pupil in her last term in class! What a nice way to end her primary school journey!
- A's growth in her P4 journey was wonderful, with her getting recognised by her teachers & getting an Inspiring Leader award at the end of the year. I hope she continues to shine in her studies as well as her prefect & Brownies pursuits.
- Time was spent in the initial months adjusting to life in a new environment. Groceries and meal planning again became priority items each week. Disputes here & there, discomfort here & there. Some stress for me here & there. But I guess nothing too major to bring me down.
- Kept up with the weekly Saturday dinners at Sandy Palm.
- Relationships with the girls are evolving, especially with the older one. Frosty at times, warm as toast at other times...I need to figure it out how to get along with the tween/teen better...
- Thankful still for family. I know they have my back.
Friendships
- Thankful for friendships at work who have made things more bearable and manageable. Lunch chats bordering on the boliao and ridiculous sometimes crack us up so badly we tear up and get odd looks from other teams at the pantry cos we make too much noise lol.
- Evolving friendships...kept up with some...thankful for those still around. Learning to let go a little of others who may not be around for whatever reasons there may be.
Self
- Not walking or exercising enough for sure, need to up this...
- Food intake & diet has probably improved and I put on some weight as well. Stomach still has its up & down periods but at least I don't lose much weight the moment I hit a down period. Probiotics, Gaviscon and Omeprazol are still in the picture from time to time to help me manage if needed.
- Major challenge & major breakthrough this year. Conquered the long flight to Paris. Felt uneasy with the narrower & more claustrophobic trains in Paris and London but survived them nonetheless. I feel more confident taking the trains in SG now and have done some longer journeys on the train on my own since we got back from overseas. Next thing to try will be taking the train during peak hour.
- There's increasing tiredness and to a certain extent...apathy. Usually at work, at times on the personal front. Not sure why....
No comments:
Post a Comment