Friday, May 04, 2007

Hong Kong

It was a short trip..Could have been a day longer..but well..I screwed up my schedule plans...
Sigh...Long story...Shall not elaborate here..

Tourist to the core
Anyway..hmm mm...I was a tourist to the core...
Snapping pics. Visiting tourist spots. Haggling at night stalls.
And of course, looking bewildered when people spoke to me in Cantonese.

Feel like telling them.
"Doll, I am not a Hong Kee..opps.... a Hong-Kong-er..."

Language
People will always start speaking tome in Cantonese..needless to say it was of cos I'm Asian.
Got a kick out of replying in English to some stall owners or the staff manning retail outlets.
Some responded in good English..some others stuttered...

Ok I am bad I know...
Chinese was still the main mode of communication... :)

I hate reading food menus though.
It's damn stressful when you're trying to figure out what the hell they have and the waiter is impatiently ticking his pen away on your table.

Foodie
Think my cholesterol levels have shot up..
Prawn wanton, roasted goose, preserved eggs...
Fried rice, fried popiah, chicken pies...
Eggs, eggs and more eggs...
Instant noodles, luncheon meat...ham..
Har how, siew mai, chee cheong fun...*burp*

It's funny though..the dessert stalls seem to have grown much much lesser than when I was there 3 years ago..hmm mm...
And I can't find any stalls selling roast pigeons...cos of the bird flu maybe??

Couldn't find those stalls selling snacks & traditional food stuffs for tourists to buy back home.

EXERCISE
I walked so much in these 4 days.
More so than what I've walked over the past month or so.
Climbed more steps than what I have done in the past 12 months.
And of cos, cursed so much than what I have done hmm mm....over 2 weeks in SG?

Service & Courtesy
Haha...reason for the cursing is that...some of them are just really not courteous...
They bang into you. No sorry.
Their bags slam into you. No sorry.
they cut your queue. No sorry.
Their kid runs into you. No sorry.

Food stall owners take your orders like they don't need your business to survive.
Retail staff give you a high and mighty attitude.

That's right...aattitude...
Mouth says : "Sorry, we only have this colour."
Look on the face says : (If you want, then take. Don't want? Then leave for all I care.)

But I have to say that the Giordano staff is still tops....more so than in SG....=)
Very nice people... haha...most of the Giordano outlets...

The Chinese tourists there...are also one of a kind.
Speak loudly, jostle for seats in the trains, step on your toes without saying sorry.
Kids run all over the place, and the list goes on.

Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum
I hugged Andy Lau, Leon Lai, David Beckham and erm, Lee Kuan Yew.
I slobbered over Andy Lau, Aaron Kwok, Bae Yung Jun and Brad Pitt.
I was pally with Pierce Brosnan, Pavarotti and erm... Einstein and Hitler.
I sang with Miriam Cheung, Jay Chou, Michael Jackson and the Beatles.

Ahboy fought with Yao Ming & Muhammad Ali.
He slobbered over Twins, Michelle Yeoh...and of cos Andy Lau.

Man...it was fun... ahhaa...

Weather
Cooolll...Even when the sun's out..it's feels cooling..
Unlike humid SG..you don't get oily & sticky so fast..
Even at night while thronging the pasar malams, you don't really sweat...breezy...
Not wonder the peeps have such good complexions..guys included...bleah...

Fashion & Shopping
Surprisingly...I think Taiwanese girls are more daring & funky in their dressing..
In fact, I think more SG girls doll up than HK girls.. hmm mm....

I have to say..cute Hk guys are not so easy to find.
But when you finally lay your eyes on one. Woohoo!!! It's a sight worth waiting for... haha...
Girls..hmm mm...so-so...I prefer our local girls...haha..

Not much shopping was done till the last night...
You can call us dumb though...we bought things from Giordano & G2000. haha...

Spirituality
3rd day there was a very spiritual one...
Went to 3 sites of worship in a day...The 1st was at Wong Tai Sin Temple and the last two were at Lantau Island..

Cllimbed about 15 storeys maybe? To see Asia's biggest Bronze statue of Buddha...
Worth the effort...It was on the top of the hill, overlooking the sea...kaozz...breathtaking haha...

Po Lin Monastery has so many different nooks & crannies filled with artifacts & statues...
I felt so awed & even a little hmm mm....emotional...

No comments: