Thursday, April 16, 2015

Kindness was bestowed upon me and I am grateful

I'm a pretty passive person and won't ask for someone to give up their seat for me. It doesn't help that I am at the awkward not-here-not-there stage where people can't tell I'm just fat or really expecting.

I stood for several bus stops, knowing actually that once I hit Vivocity another 3 stops away, more people would get down and then I would be able to get a seat. 

But then a kind lady noticed me and gestured for me to go over. She gave her seat to me and gave me the sweetest and friendliest smile ever. She was probably in her 30s as well and totally reminded me of Diana, having that same sweet and endearing nature. 

My heart melted and I accepted the seat gratefully. 

Meanwhile, the men who were seated around me continued to sleep......

No comments: