Goodie bags are usually given out at these parties and over the course of the last half a year, Little Baby has brought home her fair share of these goodie bags. They are usually filled with snacks but one particular bag came with a pack of high-quality crayons from Korea.
On that crayon pack and on each stick of crayon, there were cartoons of the characters in the below picture.
I don't recognise them. I don't know who they are. To me, they are just cartoon figures. Cute cartoon figures having fun in the snow.
My parents came over yesterday on Sunday. And Little Baby showed my Dad this particular packet of crayons. My Dad saw the packaging and the above cartoon characters and immediately said "Oh! Pororo!"
"Simi Pororo?!" I muttered.
"You don't know meh?!! Pororo is a cartoon from Korea...there, this penguin is the main character. He's Pororo.", came my Dad's response.
Ok, I thought the penguin was a duck actually. Doesn't resemble a penguin to me at all.
And well...my 73-year old Dad's obsession with Kpop and Girls Generstion has since morphed into K-reality shows and other K-stuff.
You see? He knows more Korean stuff and Korean culture then I do. Goes to show how much time he spends watching YouTube and the Korean cable TH channel KBS. 真是佩服他.....

No comments:
Post a Comment