Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Now

Lines between night and day have gradually gotten blurred
I feel sleepy in the day and am kept awake at night

Life itself seems to be a blur
A constant heady mix of things happening and needing your attention
With nary a break in between 

Work is another constant blur
Distractions and deadlines 
People, mails, projects, bosses, the like

It is difficult to concentrate
I'm distracted
The mind falters, wanders or switches off 

The mind at times too travels into a deep abyss I try not to go to 
At such instances things take a noxious ominous note
I gag and I heave and I try to pull myself out

I remind myself 
There are people who still need me
There are people who still love and care for me 

I'm more blessed than others
I should be stronger and more content
I should think and worry less

There will be light at the end of the tunnel
The sun will still shine after the rain


No comments: