We had a team meeting this morning and the boss brought up the issue of teamwork and care within the team. As a small team, we should care and help each other out. I agree, I really do and I'll strive to do it as far as possible.
My own key take-away?
Graciousness, thoughtfulness, consideration, care, concern and respect is important. Not just within a team. But even within a family and within the wider society. If all of us could just aim to do an act (or two) with one of these traits in mind, then the world will be a much better place.
My other thought?
The one colleague within this small team of 12 pax, the one who exhibits the most selfish tendencies, happens to be sitting right next to me in office. The Coll. Or Coll the Troll as I used to name her previously.
What's the most important trait I think we all should have?
Being considerate. Is this the same thing as having emphathy? I don't know...similar concept I guess. Thinking of others, how they would feel, putting yourself in their shoes and keeping them in mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment