I thought I was doing better at being more patient with the kids.
But I think I lapsed last night. I nearly lost it. Thank goodness it was already late at night and I knew I had to keep it down or risk waking everyone up.
It was the first time both girls were sleeping together in the same room. I was with them and getting increasingly tired as the night went by. Both were taking turns to wake and both also tossed in their sleep quite often. Every rustle and every movement made me go into high alert mode. I couldn't sleep well and I couldn't sleep much at all. I probably averaged only 4 hours last night, broken into various sessions of sleep/nap.
At one point, Alyssa was sleeping and I had to force myself not to boil over due to Nadya's whining, which was escalating in scale and volume with every fussing/whining sound she made. I felt she was doing it for no reason. She couldn't or didn't want to say why she was upset when I asked her why she was fussing. I could feel my blood pressure rise. I did not want her to wake Alyssa up.
But eventually, true enough, the noise she made did wake Alyssa up, who started wailing................
Anyway.....Note to self:
Continue to work hard, if not harder, at keeping my temper in check.
Continue to practice restraint.
Continue to practice and learn how to be more patient.
No comments:
Post a Comment